Last Updated: February 19, 2015
This policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.canobiefilms.org (our “Website”), our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information, and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any other website operated by any third party, including through any application or content, including advertising, that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13, or knowingly allow such persons to register for any of our services.
If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for any Company services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address. In the event that we learn that we have received any such information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information the Website Collects and How It is Collected
The Website generally collects personally identifying information with your knowledge and consent. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- About you but does not identify you individually; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment and type of browser software you use to access the Website, the operating system you are running, the website that referred you, if applicable, your internet protocol address, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate throughthe Website, and/or from third parties. The information we collect on the Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, registering to view the films on the Website, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us or report a problem with the Website.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information you provide to the Website, such as commenting on a blog post or creating user-generated content.
The Company retains such Personal Information for 10 years.
Automatic Information Collection and Online Tracking
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to the Website, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, the resources that you access on the Website, and information about your computer and internet connection. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
This information helps us to monitor our internal operations, improve the Website, and deliver a better and more personalized service.
When you visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies – small, removable data files – to your computer.
Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How The Company May Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, any products or services we offer or provide through it, or any of our policies.
- In any other way that we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible business partners.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business .
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement for investigation or prosecution.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
It is important to us to provide you with options regarding the Personal Information you share with us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information: